When the Chapel first launched its website in January 2015 I was of a mind to include a pastor’s blog as one of the pages. While I thought it would be of some value I weighed this in the balance with the time it would take to maintain it and opted out. Then a couple of months ago a visiting speaker challenged me to reconsider. I felt God asking me, through him in that moment, to start a blog. Why, what good would a blog be? I’m not famous, our chapel is not large. So I dug a little deeper into the whys. In my reflections I came across a helpful article that likewise challenged pastors to blog (http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/6-reasons-pastors-should-blog). So here I am, I have yielded.
Further to some of the perhaps obvious reasons to blog and those highlighted in the link above here are some of my hopes for this blog:
- To further equip my flock
- To challenge, encourage and feed them in ways that go beyond Sunday services, Wednesday Bible studies and one to ones.
- To engage with the community
- To allow people to discover more about the chapel and most importantly Christianity in a non-threatening way;
- To be a wholesome spiritual voice to the village; and
- Realizing that in an internet age, people are more apt to check you out on the web before the they check in in person.
- As a means of being visible
- To put myself out there as a community pastor;
- To interact; and
- To be known.
So I commit this work to the Almighty praying that He might see fit to use this blog for His glory and purposes!
The Lord’s Sweetest Blessings,